Visiting the dentist office regularly doesn’t just keep your smile sparkling, it can also have a major impact on your overall health. Paradise Dental can help keep your oral health in tip-top shape and watch for developments that could point to other health issues.
Research has shown that the health of your mouth can mirror the health of your body as a whole. If you have poor oral health, it could also lead to having other health problems as well. Poor dental hygiene can increase the risk of developing serious health problems, including:
- Heart attack
- Heart disease
- Preterm labor
- Digestion problems
- Major organ problems
- Oral & facial pain
More than 90% of all systemic diseases produce oral signs and symptoms.
How To Take Care Of Your Oral Health
- Brush at least twice a day – use fluoride toothpaste and brush for at least 2 minutes.
- Floss daily – this removes plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach.
- Eat a healthy diet – consuming the right nutrients and vitamins can help prevent gum disease.
- Avoid cigarettes and tobacco products – these have been proven to contribute to oral cancer and gum disease.
- Visit Paradise Dental regularly – They can detect tooth decay, gum problems, and jaw development problems.
At Paradise Dental, we are very serious about oral health, which is why we take pride in screening our patients during every comprehensive exam for any abnormalities or unhealthy signs. Call us to make an appointment today! 781-598-3700