Oral health problems are common but can be preventable for the most part. Most dental procedures are painless however here are a few tips to prevent dental problems before they start!
- Brush & Floss: Brush twice a day, two minutes for each time and don?t forget to brush your tongue as well. Make sure to replace your toothbrush every three to four months. Remove food particles from your teeth that the bristles can?t reach by flossing daily. Flossing your teeth will help remove and reach difficult areas and also removes bacteria that can lead to tooth decay. When flossing start with your lower front teeth then your upper front teeth and finally work your way around the rest of your mouth.
- Regular Visits to Dentist: Regular checkups and cleaning to your dentist can drastically help prevent dental problems. It?s recommended by dentists to get a regular cleaning done every six months. Professional cleaning by dentist can remove plaque that develops in hard to reach areas despite regular brushing and flossing. Dentists will also be able to take x-rays of your teeth to find any cavities. The treatments will be more effective the earlier a problem is detected. Double check to make sure your insurance covers your visits or any procedures you?re getting done.
- Diet: Try eating a balanced diet with fruits and vegetables, limited snacks in between meals. Food with high amounts of sugar can have an unhealthy impact on your teeth. To build strong teeth and bones over time have a generous intake of calcium in your diet. Get enough calcium through milk, cheese, and yogurt.
- Gum Disease: See a dentist right away if you have red or tender, swollen gums since it might be gingivitis. If your gums bleed excessively from flossing an appointment with the dentist will be able to determine if you have oral cancer, gum disease, or tooth decay.
- Braces: Misaligned teeth are harder to clean so if you have crooked teeth consider getting braces to straighten them out. Misaligned teeth can also potentially create more cavities and cause you more discomfort and pain in the future.
With these simple tips, prevent any dental issues from occurring in the future. If you are dealing with any problems with your teeth make an appointment with professional dentists at Paradise Dental Associates by calling us at?781-598-3700!